mboost-dp1

Denmark

Gå til bund
Gravatar #1 - schizo
28. mar. 2004 23:27
I´ve just recently moved to denmark and was wondering if all the ghost stories about this APG thing are true? Where I come from everyone I know downloads things off the net without any fear of "big brother" spying on them but as soon as I got here I started hearing about people getting huge fines for downloading mp3 or avi files. Is this true, is there an organisation here that goes after people who download and not just those who provide the material in the first place and if so what kind of power does this organisation have (what kind of sanctions or fines are we talking about)?
Gravatar #2 - Xanthia
28. mar. 2004 23:32
don't do the crime if you can't do the time
Gravatar #3 - Gruesome
29. mar. 2004 09:01

APG or the AntiPirateGroup (or organization) is very real. They crack down on everyone sharing og downloading illeagal copies of music, software and films. They are very critized for their gestapo methods and aren't very liked among most.

As Xanthia says, you have to decide for your self if the risk is worth it...
Gravatar #4 - schizo
29. mar. 2004 12:11
ok so the APG is a real organisation and they crack down on people who use p2p software but are the stories about non-distributing people getting huge fines true?
Everyone keeps talking about how they know this person who knew that person who got fined a huge sum but since noone I´ve met actually seems to have first hand knowledge of someone who got fined it all seems like an urban myth to me. Also I looked at the apg web site and on their site they only talk about going after distributers and nowhere about how they had fined individuals who weren´t distributing material (leeches).
I understand about the entire risk assessment issue but the question is whether or not the risk to "non-distributers" is a real one.
Gravatar #5 - Bubel
30. mar. 2004 08:57
I know at least 2 people that where busted at the Connect Party.
They where both given the choice between paying ½ the ammount the APG had summed up or beeing dragged to court.
They both chose the court because they believed that the evidence was weak.
One of them I happen to talk to often, were found guilty in 2 of 5 charges.

APG where trying to make the ISP's hand over information about suspect customers, but the ISP refused because the danish laws says that they only have to hand over information to police if they suspect something criminal is going on or the police is investigating criminal acts.
Copyright infringement does not count as a criminal act and it is up to the copyrigt holder to find and sue people that breaks their copyright.

In teory it is possible that they can get a search warrant and get your homeadress from the ISP, but only if they have suspected you of downloading, sharing or selling copyright material.

About the santions, the fines usually amounts to the retail price of illegal material you posess plus a price for the assumed ammount of downloads from your computer.
Gravatar #6 - schizo
30. mar. 2004 15:01
wow, finally a no nonsense answer. exactly what i was after, thank you very much bubel.
Gravatar #7 - Bubel
31. mar. 2004 05:30
No problem :-)
Gå til top

Opret dig som bruger i dag

Det er gratis, og du binder dig ikke til noget.

Når du er oprettet som bruger, får du adgang til en lang række af sidens andre muligheder, såsom at udforme siden efter eget ønske og deltage i diskussionerne.

Opret Bruger Login